Monday, February 25, 2008

Life, Liberty and the Choice to Trust Him when it matters


There is a deep underlining question that often plagues the pondering heart: Is this the direction that God has for me?

I have been recently faced with such a question--and have brought too many possible solutions to the table, that things are getting a bit crowded. Does God want me to take a year off college, or go to Aurora university? And if I am to take a year off, where? And what to do with the year? Would I live with the guys from Boer in their house? Would I go abroad and join the Peace Corps? Would I find myself in some European country and peddle for room and board? I have been bogged down with overwhelming uncertainly that I need a clear and decisive answer to come streaming from the clouds above and say, "THIS IS THE WAY!" Obviously, this is not to be.

So I have been praying to God through all the confusion and doubt...what to do. "Give me a clear sign God," is basically what I said to Him. Well, it seems that God likes answering my prayers. I have been getting message after message from preachers or sermons, or slight of conversation about trusting God. Is there something that I am not trusting God with? Is there an area of your life that you aren't ready to let go, or want so bad that you can't wait? To be patient may be the hardest thing. To trust in God that going to Aurora and leaving all of my closest friends (and by closest, I mean people I have laughed with, cried with, and done stupid things with that I will never forget. We are talking closer than some people I have known for my whole life.) is the right decision. To say, "God, you got it, and I can't second guess the timing that you have for me. I can't try to make what I want, happen. It is my time to leave. I have done what you wanted me to do. God, I have been more blessed in this place than I have ever been in my lifetime. I cannot give you more thanks than I have breath in my body. Let my life be a lifesong for You.

Trust in the one who sees everything that is good for you and laid out the plan. Follow His ways.

No comments: