Saturday, November 14, 2009

Someday


It was today, November the 14th, 2009, that a sign in the Jimmy John’s restaurant opened my eyes. Before I let you know what it said
, let me do a bit of background. I have been severely debating whether I want to finish out my education in the fullest “masters” sense, which would take me to an awesome place in my education, because I have been thinking about some deep future things. I was considering stopping at my bachelors degree and jumping into youth ministry on a large scale. This is my dream. And I wanted to do what I wanted to do and what I truly feel that God has blessed me to do, but I was held back by paying off loans and getting a good job to pay off those loans. So starts the long battle with my family about, “Sometimes having to sacrifice to do those things later on in life.” and me wanting to do these things now. So I talked it over with some friends and ultimately felt worse in the end due to them saying things that made sense. Common, once you are set in what you wanna do, it takes some serious sense to kick you in the head and say, “HEY, WAKE UP!” And thats what it did…t
he sign. Now before I saw the sign, I had asked God for some guidance in this area. And he gave me an answer–a “sign” if you will….hehe…haha, oh man I am good. Anyway, I go to eat my delicious sandwich at Jimmy John’s, when I look at this sign on the wall that I have never seen before in my entire time of ever going there to eat….ever. It said, “If you do the things you need to do, when you need to do them, THEN SOMEDAY, you can do the things you want to, when you want to do them.” And it all came together. I had been told that by everyone before, but it was like a wake up call this time for some reason. And now I know that God wants me to go through with this. I can honestly say that he is telling me…hold on, your time will come. So I now have peace. Now I just have to pass my classes….next battle.

No comments: